Based in Cape Town, South Africa
December 5, 2014
Press / Business contact:
Team Lazerbeam are a game-punk trio that make short, cute, surreal, personal experiences about junk food and feelings.
Team Lazerbeam formed in late 2014, when friends Jason Sutherland, Richard Pieterse and Ben Rausch joined forces to make a game for Ludlum Dare 31. The result, Bionic Bliss (a cyber punk customer service game), struck a chord with players and laid the foundations for Team Lazerbeam’s future output. Over the following two years the band churned out a string of very short, absurd, cutesy games that embraced being both very silly, and very sincere. Noteable hits include Wrestling With Emotions, Pizza Quest, Snow Cones and Dress To Express Dancing Success.
Teenage Blob Reveal Trailer YouTube
Promo: Dress To Express Dancing Success YouTube
Lets Play: Dress To Express Dancing Success YouTube
Lets Play: Snow Cones Episode 1 YouTube
Lazer Jam: Violent Soho YouTube
Lazer Jam: Left and Right YouTube
There are far more images available for Team Lazerbeam, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "A MAZE Pinkest Game Award" - Johannesburg, 2016
- "Team Lazerbeam triangulates their trifecta of gaming expertise into one, singular, bizarre experience."
- Caty McCarthy, Killscreen
- "These gems from Team Lazerbeam are fast becoming some of my favourite things to come across during my trawls through itch.io. First there was the innocent delight of Snow Cones and then the powerful speed-dating of Wrestling With Emotions and now this (Dress To Express Dancing Success, a) reaffirming blast of hot rainy nightlife. There’s something so joyous about this stuff."
- Brendan Caldwell, Rock paper Shotgun
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Code and Feels
Sound and Musics
Art and Words